It’s quick. It’s easy. It’s scrumptious. It’s just peachy.
- 3 cups sliced, peeled peaches (fresh, or frozen and thawed)
- 4 teaspoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- whipped cream (optional)
- 1 homemade pie crust. Recipe can be found here. (Just halve the recipe to make 1 crust instead of 2 crusts)
- OR – you can use 1/2 of a 15 ounce pkg refrigerated unbaked pie crust
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Line baking sheet with foil. Roll out pie crust into a 14 X 11 inch oval
and place in baking sheet.
Add peaches to a large mixing bowl and then add flour,
Mix well and pour into center of pie crust leaving a 2 inch border.
Carefully fold pie crust over peaches crimping crust as needed.
Sprinkle some granulated sugar over the crust edge. This makes it pretty.
Bake for 40 – 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
NOTE: See that oven thermometer? I bought that for just a couple bucks, but it’s a lifesaver. In my life so far, I’ve used 6 ovens, and only a couple have ever had the right temperature. I’ve had food bake too fast and burn, or not bake at all. So I got a thermometer, and now life is easy. I just set my thermostat, and watch the oven thermometer. If it doesn’t reach the right temp, I adjust the thermostat accordingly.
If needed, place ring of foil over pie crust to prevent over-browning in last 10 minutes of baking. Cool on baking sheet for half hour.
It’s delicious by itself
or with whipped cream.