What dessert has only 6 ingredients and is super easy to make?
Why, today’s recipe of course silly. Duh.
It’s a bar cookie with chocolate chips, and nuts and graham cracker crumbs….a recipe I copied out of my Mom’s cookbook. Intrigued? Let’s go!Printer Friendly
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (put the crackers in a zipper bag and pulverize them with a rolling pin)
- 1 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 6 ounce package of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts ( I used pecans, but you can use whatever you prefer)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (325 degrees if using a glass baking dish)
Grease a 13 X 9 inch baking pan. Assemble your ingredients.
Melt butter in pan in the oven.
Remove from oven, and sprinkle graham cracker crumbs evenly over the butter.
Spread them with a fork if you end up with a pile like I did.
Pour the condensed milk evenly over the crumbs.
Then add coconut,
and chocolate chips,
sprinkling each evenly.
Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool and cut into bars. Or, if you can’t wait, go ahead and hack a big ole’ odd shaped slab out of there and eat it warm…..